Saturday, March 21, 2020
Friends of Lebanon Youth Baseball,
Lebanon Youth Baseball programming continues to be postponed until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19 and update you as we make decisions about our season.
Some notes about registration: In order for us to be prepared, on possibly short notice, for a Spring Season we need you to register for programs online as you normally would. You will notice when you register that you are being “waitlisted.” This is to avoid you having to pay fees until the time the season actually runs. As long as you register before March 30th, you will be guaranteed a roster spot; so, it’s not a true waitlist. Registration will close on March 29th at 11:59 pm.
Anyone willing to help coach, we also ask that you register prior to March 30th.
You can register for programs through our website at www.lebanonyouthbaseball.com.
By registering now, you will allow us to more quickly get a program up and running when the time comes.
If you have already registered for the Spring Season, we are in a position to be able to guarantee full refunds if we don’t have a season. You do not need to purchase insurance for your registration fees in order to be refunded.
Please spread the word about registration to your friends and neighbors.
Our best to you and yours! Be safe.
The LYBA Board of Directors
March 14, 2020
Dear Lebanon Youth Baseball Association Community,
The LYBA Board of Directors is concerned about the COVID-19 coronavirus and is committed to limiting exposure risk and spreading of the virus. As this is a fluid situation, we don’t really know what to expect in the coming days, weeks and months. The Board will continue to monitor information from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, Babe Ruth League, and our New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, and our local Town of Lebanon COVID-19 task force to make decisions regarding all of our seasons – Spring, Summer and Fall.
The following decisions have been made based on the information and recommendations that we currently have:
- Evaluation Day, scheduled for Saturday, March 21st, has been canceled. This was only scheduled for Minor and Major League players. Teams will be formed using information from previous evaluation days and previous coaches’ input as needed. For any player petitioning to play above their age group, the Board will use previous year evaluation information and previous coaches’ input as needed. Depending on how the situation with COVID-19 progresses, we may try and schedule another Evaluation Day in mid-April.
- Preseason practices will not start before Monday, April 6th.
- Opening Day is still scheduled for Saturday, April 25th.
We will continue to update you as decisions are made regarding our programs in relation to COVID-19.
Mike Van Dolah
LYBA Board President